Welcome to St. Peter's Catholic School
St. Peter's Catholic school is an integral part of the community of Halifax. The traditions and families of our local area have been part of our school community for generations. We compliment the small community of Halifax by offering the same ideals and environment for children. We are a place where every child is noticed, acknowledged and welcomed. Like the community of Halifax, we are a team and a family.
'Together We Grow'
St. Peter's Catholic School, originally called St Theresa's Convent School, was first opened by the Sisters of Mercy in 1927. In the early days many children boarded in the large Convent. In 1969 St Theresa's Convent School was re-named St Peter's School after the patron saint of the Parish of Halifax. At this stage, the boarding component of the school was discontinued.
The current Principal of St. Peter's Catholic School is Mrs Tracy Nuttall.